Eat, Pray, Love is a book, a book about a womans search for herself, in the end she not only found herself, but ate lots of food, prayed alot and fell in love. To me, being 50+ finds a different meaning in eat, pray and love, let me explain.
Eat, well I do find sinful pleasures in food, however if I don't have the correct balance of nutrients, it will surely put my physical being in a literal mess. I will suffer either constipation or diarrhea and generally an unwell feeling. I don't think I've really found myself in the things I eat, and even though I experience the guilty pleasures of potato chips, chocolate and an oreo, doesn't really define me as me except for what I mentioned earlier. Well when you really think about it, I suppose you could say eating does define me, gaseous, nauseous and bloated, that would be me.
Pray, well, I do have Christian beliefs and prayer can be a mighty powerful thing, if only I could hand over my all in all and let God do what he needs to do in order to mold me into being Christ like. I'm too stubborn and scared. It would seem that when we pray, we are in Gods face only when the times are rough and we need something but forget that He's there all the other times, in good times and bad times. So, does prayer define me, not yet but I'm trying, and will someday through the Grace of God.
Love, well I've loved, I love and hopefully someone loves me too. I know my dogs love me, they are forever loyal. The cat, not too sure, he always jumps out from some hidden dark place and bites me, maybe luv bites? My spouse gives me love (so he says), my children give me love (so they say) and my pets give me love (that's what I'd like to think). I can't really say I love my boss (God forbid), or the gas attendant (eww), or the annoying neighbour (eww more), but I do know love makes the world go around. I do love my hubbie, my children and my pets but it ends there. Does love define me, I guess it does, because if no one loved me, I'd probably end up with digestive problems, much the same as when I eat. Funny how eating and loving have similar qualities.
So Eat, Pray, Love, do we find ourselves when we eat, pray and love, I'd probably say yes.
Until next time
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment