I would give anything for just one more day with you Mom and Dad. Mom, it's been 14 years since you passed away and 4 years for you Dad. You both left this world in May. Spring, bringing showers and May flowers, really, a beautiful time of year.
I think of you both, often, and with such fond memories. It took me a while before I could erase the images of you in your time of illness and broken bodies, but now, I see you both as you were in times of health.
Dad,
remember when you use to tell us that when peeling an apple in one long strip, and then throwing the peel over your shoulder, how it lands, will show a letter. That letter will tell who we will marry, well the start of their name. You were really good at peeling apples, but funny thing, every time I would throw the peel over my shoulder it would never land with the same letter. I never did marry the person with the apple peel letter.
Dad, you were a very, gentle, kind soul. Instinctively because of this, animals and children were drawn to you. I would give anything just to have one more day with you.
Mom,
you were so full of life, and loved your family like no other. You devoted yourself in helping others. I remember when as a child, you would put rags in my hair to create ringlets. The day before my wedding, you also put rags in my hair, you did beautiful work.
I miss our talks together, I would give anything for just one more day with you Mom.
Mom and Dad, I will love you forever, if only I had just one more day.

No comments:
Post a Comment