I'm back and I've missed you!
It's been quite awhile since my last post in 2013, here we are four years later and life just happened.
You may have noticed I changed the name of my blog from Grannies Place to Gigi's Place. My grandson is responsible for that. I was hoping he'd call me Grannie but he named me Gigi, and I'm all good with that. He is now an energetic, thriving five year old, seems like yesterday where we were in India waiting for his birth. We have been so blessed with this little man!
I have now been retired for five years and found that life just slips by so quickly. During my hiatus from the blogging world, my husband was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. This was one of the most devasting moments in our lives. He went through chemo and radiation treatment and finished his last treatment a year ago in October. All of that experience left me in a state of extreme fear and sadness. I don't do well with emotional turmoil, but so thankful for my faith in the Lord who sees me through it all. Not only did faith get us through this, but family and friends were there for us.
My husband is doing very well, however must return to oncologist every six months for follow up and blood work. He has been a real trooper through this and has stayed strong for me. I find these times a tad stressful but once again we get through it and are thankful. I really can't imagine living without him, but hope we have many, many more years ahead of us. Still, some day we must face the loss of either one of us.

Turning sixty for me brought not just more wrinkles and sags, but some health issues too. Back in April I was hospitalized with an obstructed small intestine. I have to say, a somewhat painful experience. I'm now on medication to try and alleviate inflammation. Ive been tested for various diseases but no proven diagnoses, frustrating to say the least. But we tend to keep on hanging in.
We are truly empty nesters now. My children tend to fly the coop, return and then leave the nest one last time for good. I miss their presence, but happy they are all doing life, and they are doing it well. They have become mighty fine, loving, caring adults and I'm very proud of them. I pray for their happiness.
For fun, I started a women's book club almost three years ago. We are now ten beauties, from various backgrounds and various ages. I think we all tend to get along pretty well, and we have formed some lovely friendships that I hope will take us well into our eighties or longer. We meet once a month, I love this women time, we all need some women time.
We spend time with family and friends and we get away in the winter for about a month to a little beach town called St. Augustine. This time allows us to destress. feel the soft white sand between our toes and breathe in that wonderful Atlantic sea air.
Well as this entry comes to an end, I hope we touch base sooner than four years. Try to live, laugh and love as best you can as we don't know what tomorrow brings.
Until next time
Me
It's been quite awhile since my last post in 2013, here we are four years later and life just happened.
You may have noticed I changed the name of my blog from Grannies Place to Gigi's Place. My grandson is responsible for that. I was hoping he'd call me Grannie but he named me Gigi, and I'm all good with that. He is now an energetic, thriving five year old, seems like yesterday where we were in India waiting for his birth. We have been so blessed with this little man!
I have now been retired for five years and found that life just slips by so quickly. During my hiatus from the blogging world, my husband was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. This was one of the most devasting moments in our lives. He went through chemo and radiation treatment and finished his last treatment a year ago in October. All of that experience left me in a state of extreme fear and sadness. I don't do well with emotional turmoil, but so thankful for my faith in the Lord who sees me through it all. Not only did faith get us through this, but family and friends were there for us.
My husband is doing very well, however must return to oncologist every six months for follow up and blood work. He has been a real trooper through this and has stayed strong for me. I find these times a tad stressful but once again we get through it and are thankful. I really can't imagine living without him, but hope we have many, many more years ahead of us. Still, some day we must face the loss of either one of us.
Turning sixty for me brought not just more wrinkles and sags, but some health issues too. Back in April I was hospitalized with an obstructed small intestine. I have to say, a somewhat painful experience. I'm now on medication to try and alleviate inflammation. Ive been tested for various diseases but no proven diagnoses, frustrating to say the least. But we tend to keep on hanging in.
We are truly empty nesters now. My children tend to fly the coop, return and then leave the nest one last time for good. I miss their presence, but happy they are all doing life, and they are doing it well. They have become mighty fine, loving, caring adults and I'm very proud of them. I pray for their happiness.
For fun, I started a women's book club almost three years ago. We are now ten beauties, from various backgrounds and various ages. I think we all tend to get along pretty well, and we have formed some lovely friendships that I hope will take us well into our eighties or longer. We meet once a month, I love this women time, we all need some women time.
We spend time with family and friends and we get away in the winter for about a month to a little beach town called St. Augustine. This time allows us to destress. feel the soft white sand between our toes and breathe in that wonderful Atlantic sea air.Well as this entry comes to an end, I hope we touch base sooner than four years. Try to live, laugh and love as best you can as we don't know what tomorrow brings.
Until next time
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment