My Blog List

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Stir crazy …. Even the dog

You may not be slightly interested, or even care, but the past few days I’ve been feeling a little stir crazy, even the dog.

It first started out not feeling well, runny nose, scratchy throat, did a Covid test just to make sure, it was negative. Then it got worse, running a little hot and achy. Then did another Covid, still negative. You see, I haven’t had Covid yet so I have no idea what Covid feels like, lucky me.  So, for more than a few days I was a couch potato. I suppose only a cold. Just to note, whenever I make it known that I’m not feeling well, Opa has to say he too is sick. Why can’t I just be sick by myself? 


Anyways, moving on…..


Then the rain started, then it rained, rained some more and more again. Even the dog couldn’t go out except to pee, and you see she’s a high energy dog and must rid herself of all that energy, so she was doing zoomies from one room to the next, knocking everything over that got in her way with her tail. The craziness was stirring and beginning to flow over, not her me. You can bake so many cookies before you become cookied out, or suffer from bloodshot eyes having read too many Louise Penny novels or experience numbness in your buttocks from sitting on your A- - for long periods of time.


Then today the sun pushed herself through the clouds and the rain stopped.  For a brief moment we experienced the sun in our face and the wind at our back as we embraced the beauty of the day.


Sanity returns


Until next time












5 comments:

  1. More sunny days are coming 👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. She is one of my favourite authors too. Did you know she lives in knowlton quebec where she takes much of her inspiration for her books?

      Delete
  3. I didn't, but makes sense!
    I just finished reading "State of Terror" which she co-authored with Hilary Clinton.

    ReplyDelete