My Blog List

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Before leaving this world....

Have you ever heard the saying those that have gone before you? Well those days have past, and those have gone before me, leaving me to go next. Yes, we examine our mortality when we reach a certain age (50+), and begin to think, have I done it all?

Probably not, and then we begin to have a sense of urgency to do something that we haven't done before. With me, there are certain things, only a few mind you, don't want to overwhelm myself by trying to obtain every single goal before I leave this world or else my life may end prematurely from the stress and end in heart failure.

I was imagining that I would love to visit Italy, now that's obtainable, more specifically, the Amalfi Coast. Oh yeah, that's one feat that is certainly on my list. I will however probably not choose to drive the coast, I get vertigo you know and could very well end my life in Italy after going over the side. So, not too sure how I'm actually going to reach my destination, but this is Number one on my list.

Number two would be to visit Newfoundland, I've never visited this wonderful place, the "rock" they call it. Now, I care not to drive and then partake in a very long boat ride because I'll probably get seasick, and while barfing over the side of the boat could very well end up 'man overboard'. Thus, not achieving this particular goal and ending my life prematurely. Flying may be the alternate choice.

Number three would be to obtain my motorcycle license, then purchase a vehicle, not a motorcycle mind you but a scooter. I was told once, when I attempted to try this feat many years ago, that I was not meant to ride a motorcycle and that I should ride a scooter. Twenty years later, I'm thinking, bring it on, I'll show you, I'll ride that scooter, you just watch. Then I start to think, I'm scared, what happens after I get my license which will probably take a few tries, if I get sucked in to the wind tunnel of a huge transport truck? My life will surely be over, sucked into the transport and splattered on the side. This too could end my life prematurely.

Before leaving this world I will surely take on these 3 achievable goals, and be satisfied and happy. I will plan with great gusto so as to ensure no vertigo, no seasickness and no getting sucked into a transport wind tunnel.

Until next time

Me

1 comment:

  1. OMG...you just need to take scopolamine by way of the patch and voila, no more vertigo or sea sickness.

    ReplyDelete