Well, HELLO! It's been awhile. I suppose you'd say I'm not a true blogger, as there has been such a gap between entries. Maybe not a true blogger, or maybe my life is not full of exploits to discuss.
Enough of the apologies.
The other day I returned after two years, for my 'regular' mammogram. I feared this appointment because of past experiences. Those of you (women) who have experienced mammograms know what I'm talking about. Mammograms are not a pleasant experience. Let's relate it to getting something stuck in an elevator door, and then the elevator proceeds to go up a few floors, however, the stuck part remains on the floor before the doors closed. So, it's like taking a bunch of skin, tissue, fat etc. squish it in and then pull it beyond, beyond, beyond into another dimension. Needless to say, not a pleasant experience. Therefore, when the day arrived for me to experience this procedure, I was filled with trepidation, fear, anticipating that all too familiar pain.
When I arrived, and proceeded to the 'room', I noticed new equipment. I said to the technician, 'Oh, you have new equipment?, she said, yes, it's about 2 month old'.
She then proceeded to instruct me where to stand, where to put my arm, and then she took my chest appendage, not sure if its an appendage, but for the sake of being appropriate, I'll call it an appendage. Took my appendage, squished it onto a plate, and then proceeded to lower a clamp on to it. I feared the worst when the clamp lowered. However, it wasn't at all how I remembered it. I didn't tear up, I wasn't ready to scream, I wasn't ready to say please release me, set me free, and then before I knew it, it was over. There was no elevator ride, only the squished pancake sensation. Ahhh, I said, that wasn't so bad, it didn't really hurt at all. This feared procedure is no longer a fear of mine, and truly not something I will look forward to.
So to all of you who are in waiting, do not fear, it's not so bad after all.
Oh what it is to be 50+, the pleasures are in abundance when it comes to medical procedures.
Until next time.
Me
No updated equipment here. Still surviving painful appointments.
ReplyDelete