Well howdy devoted followers, yes I have 7 followers, I'm overwhelmed. It's been some time since I've entered the world of blog, frankly, I was finding it tedious. Tedious, because I was getting tired of complaining about all of my ailments. But this blog entry isn't about my ailments, it's all about a devoted pet, a dog named "Bear".
We can learn alot from our pets, they are forever loyal, never asking for much. All they need is a warm place to sleep, a rub on the tummy every now and then, food in their tummy and they are happy. They don't hold grudges, they love unconditionally.
Bear is a lab mix, just a mutt. She's 16 years old, that would be approx. 112 years old in human years. She's deaf now, can't go for long walks anymore because she limps after a short period of time. She's losing weight but still has a healthy appetite if you put something interesting in her bowl along with her kibble.
Bear is very intelligent. When she had her hearing she was able to interpret words that we would spell, we couldn't hide anything from her because she knew, she just knew what we were saying. If we wanted to talk behind her back we would have to leave the room and whisper because spelling didn't work. We now use sign language. When she was much younger, she loved playing soccer. She actually knew how to move the ball back and forth between her legs like a professional soccer player. Bear never liked swimming, she didn't like getting her feet wet, but she loved going for boat rides.
Some people don't understand the love between a pet and their owner, but having a pet is truly just another member of the family, the only difference is we have 2 legs and they have 4. Oh, they have a tail and we don't, well most of us anyway. They show shame, sadness, happiness, all the emotions humans have. When I have a friend that loses a pet, I'm sure to provide my condolences by sending a sympathy card because we too grieve when our beloved pet leaves this world.
Bear has outlived 2 other pets, my dad and my mom, she seems immortal. I have learned so much from Bear, her unconditional love, her devotion and that getting old is not so bad after all. She is growing old gracefully, she even has all of her teeth minus 3, not bad for someone that's 112 years old, if only I can be so lucky. She has taught me to surround yourself with those that love you, feed you once in awhile, and give you a tummy rub occasionally, maybe a car ride too.
If only I can be so lucky to live out my old age just like Bear. Here's to you Bear, may you live another 100 years and thanks for being you!
Until next time
Me
I love Bear!
ReplyDeleteMe too, me too!
ReplyDeleteMe three!
ReplyDelete