My Blog List

Monday, November 1, 2010

Hair Do's

I'd like to talk about hair do's, not what you're suppose to do with your hair, but hair styles and why we do what we do. Now that's alot of do do's. I think saying 'hair do' is probably a reflection of how old I am, who says 'hair do' today?

I often wonder why some of us change our hair style and why some of us keep the same hair style for years. I'm sure it has much to say about our personalities. However, those that are bald have no choice in the matter when it comes to hair, but I believe baldness brings out the best in us as we have to make up for so much. Please don't take offense any baldy's out there because you have a special place in my heart. I too someday will go bald but not just yet.

Now lets get back to those of us who do have hair and what we do with it. I myself like changing my hair style, sometimes I like it short, then long, then short and so on. My husband dreads when I say I'm off to get my hair cut, you see he likes it long. One time not to long ago, I came back from the salon and I said 'So, do you like my hair?'. What I love about my husband is his honesty, he didn't say whether he liked it or not, he simply replied 'You look like Rod Stewart'. Now was that a good thing? Not sure. I don't dye my hair anymore, for one thing hey, what's the point, I am who I am, white hair and all, yes it's white not grey but white. Sometimes when I'm in the mood to have my hair long, I look at myself in the mirror (vain I know) and see some witchy lookin thing, and then I'm off again to the salon to get another look.

Those who change their style regularly probably like adventure and probably are prone to boredom easily. Maybe they're looking to see in the mirror something other than a witch or maybe when they cut their hair short they are preparing themselves for baldness. I don't know, it's somewhat of a mystery.

Those whose don't change their hair style and have kept the same hair style for 20 years or more probably haven't looked in the mirror for 20 years. They are most likely stuck in a time warp and think they haven't aged and just wanna stay young.

Whatever our reasons are for 'hair do's' probably isn't important but it did peak my curiosity on why we do things. Maybe you can tell me my you do what you do with your 'hair do', what motivates you to change it or keep it?

Until next time

Me

2 comments:

  1. You spelled it wrong. It's not "hair do's" but rather hairdos. I think your next entry should be about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no it isn't it's all about hair do's as opposed to hair don'ts.

    ReplyDelete