Well, here we are a month later from my last post and quickly approaching June. I have found lately that time is passing by so quickly. I'm not sure if it's age that makes time pass quickly, it's certainly not because I have days filled with no room on my schedule for nothing else. Our (hubbie and me) days are our own, to do with what we want, it gets some getting use to when for over 30 years we were tied to a routine.
We haven't yet hit the golf course because of my annoying foot problem. It is however much, much better but swells up after long periods of walking or standing. I have returned to my neighborhood meandering, but only for short little sprints. I'm scheduled for a bone scan, the one where they inject radioactive dye into your veins. The dye will indicate hot or cold spots in the bone, and will tell if I suffered a fracture. So we'll see.
Hubbie and I will be signing up for Tai Chi in June. You're probably all saying its for old people, well you're wrong. Looking forward to some easy, relaxing exercise where it's unlikely either one of us will hurt ourselves.
I just love this time of year. We have planted our annuals, colourful potted plants galore. Tomatoe plants, peppers and lettuce. We're already into the lettuce, frankly, can't keep up with it.
Then, there's curling up on the porch and reading a good book. I just finished reading a novel called The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe. I loved this book. This particular book was about relationships, and more specifically, a mother/daughter relationship. Very heartwarming and on several occasions brought a tear to my eye. Maybe because it touched me in a way where I recalled the times with my Mom. This book tells us that family is forever, regardless of the circumstance. I believe too, that our relationships, family or otherwise define us. I recommend this book for a light, summer read, you'll love it.
Hope you're all enjoying this wonderful spring.....
Until next time, Me (Grannie)
We haven't yet hit the golf course because of my annoying foot problem. It is however much, much better but swells up after long periods of walking or standing. I have returned to my neighborhood meandering, but only for short little sprints. I'm scheduled for a bone scan, the one where they inject radioactive dye into your veins. The dye will indicate hot or cold spots in the bone, and will tell if I suffered a fracture. So we'll see.
Hubbie and I will be signing up for Tai Chi in June. You're probably all saying its for old people, well you're wrong. Looking forward to some easy, relaxing exercise where it's unlikely either one of us will hurt ourselves.
I just love this time of year. We have planted our annuals, colourful potted plants galore. Tomatoe plants, peppers and lettuce. We're already into the lettuce, frankly, can't keep up with it.
Then, there's curling up on the porch and reading a good book. I just finished reading a novel called The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe. I loved this book. This particular book was about relationships, and more specifically, a mother/daughter relationship. Very heartwarming and on several occasions brought a tear to my eye. Maybe because it touched me in a way where I recalled the times with my Mom. This book tells us that family is forever, regardless of the circumstance. I believe too, that our relationships, family or otherwise define us. I recommend this book for a light, summer read, you'll love it.
Hope you're all enjoying this wonderful spring.....
Until next time, Me (Grannie)
Sounds like the good life!
ReplyDelete