Well, here I am today, not too much to say, but just to keep you informed. Since last time, well, lets see.....
I just returned from the Doctor today, I went for a hearing test. I didn't tell you before, but I was experiencing problems hearing. I didn't want to share, because this would contribute to what happens when you age.
Anyways, off I went. First, I was received by what they call a Audiologist, his name was Sam, so he says. He ushered me into a room, the room had an enclosed booth, and two chairs outside the booth. I immediately was drawn to the enclosed booth, he told me to sit down on the chair outside the booth. He then put a thing that looked like earphones over my ear, however, only one end was an earphone the other end went in my ear. He then proceeded to push buttons, and then took the earphone thing off my head. Then told me to go into the booth, put another earphone thingy over my ears, and said he was going to recite words, and I was to repeat them, I did. He then said, now you'll hear different tones, recite yes if you hear them no matter how soft they are. I did. He then told me, my hearing was fine???? but the real doc would check my ears. So long story short, (such boredom, the day at the doctor), the Doc said my hearing was more than better for my age (not sure what that means). Oh, great news I said, how come I can't hear? he said I have dysfunctional Eustachian tubes and that I needed to exercise them (we need to exercise every thing at our age, or you'll lose it). Ok, I said, while I'm here, I'm suppose to see you again in May to remove something growing in my mouth (yes, I have another thing), can you take it out now I said, he said well sure!. Long story short, as my hubby says, he removed a 'planters wart' from the inside of my cheek, I know that's gross! Well, now, I feel so renewed, so alive, I can hear, and I'm free of the planters wart, it's like life is there waiting for me.
Well, my daughter (baby), went for her real drivers test, yep, the only difference between the license before and the real one is she can have an alcoholic beverage that doesn't exceed the .05. Any hoots, she was successful, except she was off to a not so good start. The tester guy came out, my daughter was sitting in the drivers seat. The tester guy went to the back of the car, told her to press the brakes, she did (with confidence mind you), he then told her to flick the right signal, she didn't, she reached for the windshield wipers, (she says "sorry, sorry"), she tried again, reaching for the windshield wiper fluid, washing the windows very thoroughly, again saying (sorry, sorry). Then there was a pause, a long pause it felt, as I was standing by watching this, feeling her pain, she finally found the signal flashers.
In the end she did get her real license, I'm so very proud of her, now she can drive with .05 alcohol in her blood and she knows where the signal lights are.
Oh, I'm scheduled for my regular mammogram in June, they say when you are as old as me you should have this test every two years.
Until next time
Me
Since I am so ancient I go for the squash test every year!!!
ReplyDeleteI'd say - find a new doc!!!
ReplyDeleteYou said, "Well, now, I feel so renewed, so alive, I can hear, and I'm free of the planters wart, it's like life is there waiting for me."
ReplyDeleteWhat did you actually do to make it so you could hear better. You said the Doc said you have to exercise your "dysfunctional Eustachian tubes" but you didn't say what this entails.
You forgot an important fact about your daughter getting her license. She can be chauffeur for Mom occasionally instead of Mom always being chauffeur for her.
Dee, to make my hearing better, the doctor told me take a breath in, pinch my nose, close my mouth and blow. It really works, you can do this exercise anywhere, on the bus, in the car, watching TV, shopping for groceries. Who would have thought you needed to exercise your eustachian tubes!
ReplyDelete