My Blog List

Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter!

Do you remember easter egg hunts, getting a new Easter bonnet for church, new shiny black shoes (patten leather), that you shined with vaseline, and a new Easter outfit, and then off to church?

I do, I didn't realize then what Easter was, but I knew it was a time of celebration, going to church, out for brunch (pancakes), and then back to the aroma of Turkey in the oven.

Today, I realize Easter is more than than that, and it's the most significant Christian holiday of all Christian celebrations. What happened at Easter over 2000 years ago, is in my mind the best Easter gift that is beyond comprehension. Can you imagine the love displayed to have someone give Their life so that all can be immortal and live an everlasting life?

It is a gift for us to take if we want it, I can't imagine who would reject this gift, but embrace it. I so hope to be re-united with those long gone who are in perpetual celebration with the One that gave us this gift.

I'd like to hear what your Easter brings and what you remember back then.

Happy Easter everyone, off to slap that turkey around, then stuff it and wait for those familiar turkey smells to fill the house.

Until next time

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment