My Blog List

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Loss of....

At this stage in our lives, we have experienced loss of a loved one. We have experienced most likely the loss of a parent or two, and the emotions that we are flooded with. But, unfortunately, we are nearer and hear of the loss of either a husband or wife of friends that are in our age group.

Today, I checked in with a friend who recently experienced the loss of her dearly beloved husband. I immediately sensed the fragility of her current state, and felt her pain, her pain in her loss. I could not feel her true loss as I have not yet experienced the emotions that go with the loss of losing someone who is my extension, I can only imagine. I don't believe we fear death, but we fear the process and the emptiness associated with losing someone we truly love. I believe my words for her, trying to comfort her were probably in her mind, only air. Not being able to relate, but only to imagine her loss was probably not enough.

I think there's comfort in knowing, when you have a spiritual belief, that we will be reunited once again when God permits, and then, only then, will our pain be alleviated.

My friends, forget about the pettiness of todays world, love with all your heart those that are close to you, forgive, obliterate your grudges, don't be judgmental, love those closest to you as they are. Spend time with those who are close to you and enjoy being in their company. Our time here on Earth is but a moment in time.

Until next time

Me

1 comment:

  1. I sure do ditto that!! I still miss Dad and think about him alot as we come up to the 2nd anniversary of his "Graduation"! Miss Mom as well and isn't it fun to think of them being together once again.

    ReplyDelete