My Blog List

Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's all in the neck

Yep, it's all in the neck. No matter what we do to try to look younger, our neck reveals our true age. I had a young lad ask me once when I was in my youthful thirties, 'How old are you anyways?'. I said 'How old do you think I am?' He said he could tell I was old by the look of my neck. What the heck? My neck tells you my age? And so, I really believe that our neck's betray what age we really are.

No matter what we do, face lifts, botox, laser, facial peels, pounds and pounds of cold cream, and the list goes on, we can never, ever hide the fact that our neck's tell our age. We forget that our necks go through the same aging process as our face. Now, let's talk about the stages of aging when it comes to our necks.

I think it starts with the jowls. We tend to get these loose, flap like pieces of skin just at the jaw line, much like a St. Bernard (less the drooling, well some of us drool). Then we start to see faint folds of skin making their way down the sides of our neck, not quite yet folding but on their way. Oh, and don't forget the double chins. We start out with one chin, and then before you know it, it morphs into double, triple, quadruple and so on. The neck takes on several changes and before you know it, your neck resembles a turkey, and we all know how ugly turkey necks are. Once our necks take on the look of that wonderful turkey, the sagging further proceeds down, where our chins meet our chest. That will be another blog entry as there's a whole new world on what happens to our chests as we age.

Don't fret, there is something we can do in order not to reveal our true age when it comes to our neck, and that's fashion. We can wear turtle necks, scarfs, rolled up collars, and the list goes on. So, if your neck doesn't match that wonderful youthful face of yours, and until the day comes where the two align, make sure you apply the fashion techniques mentioned here.

Until next time

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment