Yes, indeed, you got that right! I am a 'Grannie in Waiting'. I will be a Grannie come August 2011. This will be my first grand child, and I am so excited. My son is having his first baby!
Meet my first grandchild.......
Isn't technology something? You can start to get to know your grandchild even before they break the surface.
I would like my grand child to call me Grannie, but if he/she is unable to pronounce, then he/she can call me whatever. My husband is going to be called 'Opa'.
For those of you out there who already have grandchildren or step grandchildren, consider yourself blessed. I think this is a gift from heaven, just like our own children. Enjoy while it lasts. It must be fun to visit with your grandchildren and spoil them so. I'm looking forward to sleepovers, picnics, summer vacations. Just a simple walk, hand in hand around the block. I'm looking forward to holding a newborn once again and rocking him/her to sleep. Time is of the essence as they grow-up so fast and I grow old.
I would like my grandchild to have memories of me like my children have of their grandparents. If only they were here to meet their new grandchild, that would be fine.
So for now & until next time
..... Grannie in Waiting


Wunerful, just wunerful... I hope we get some new pics soon.
ReplyDeleteExcept that last grannie pic is kinda creepin me out.