My Blog List

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just embrace it

I guess I'll just have to accept and embrace the fact that I'm getting fatter, and fatter and fatter. I exercise, but feel now it's of no use to eliminate fat. Daily, I attempt to get into clothing that once fit me, baggy as a matter of fact. I try clothes on, unable to get them past my thighs and immediately think I've taken my daughters clothes from when she was twelve. I always bought clothes a little loose, I don't like the feeling of being suffocated. I weigh 9 pounds over what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant with my first child. Now mind you, I was probably a little under weight before I got pregnant. The point here is I now weigh more than a pregnant woman.

I'm not sleeping well either. I've heard that people who don't get proper sleep are susceptible to gaining weight among other health problems. Maybe that's the explanation for my fat gain. I don't appear to be eating more, however I did eat a $20 bag of jelly beans not too long ago. I thought jelly beans didn't have any calories, someone told me that once, were they telling an untruth? I stopped eating potato chips and drinking beer, this doesn't appear to be the culprit. I can eat a whole bag of popcorn to myself, it's not butter popcorn, just plain. Come on, this possibly can't have any calories and is an excellent source of fibre.

My body shape is changing too. I don't have a particular shape, more like a blob. My fat isn't hard fat, its squishy, jelly like. One good thing about that kind of fat, is you can tuck it away, in your pants, under your bra, even in your socks.

Does being retired have something to do with gaining weight? It shouldn't. But, there may be some relation with retirement and gaining weight for me. I retired in April, and since that time have been getting fatter, and fatter, and fatter. Maybe hormones have something to do with it. I am over 55 (not much over), but I thought I was over the hormone thing and simply taking on male attributes because of my lack of female hormones. Maybe that's it, not sure.

One good thing about gaining weight, my wrinkles have disappeared, now that's a treat. Can't really think of anything else that is beneficial in being fat, I guess I'll just have to embrace it, I would if I could get my arms around my fat self, but that won't be happening.

Until next time

Grannie in Waiting

6 comments:

  1. lol... I think a blob is the next step in the human evolutionary process... you should be flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorna, I'm sure you look great as usual!

    None of my pants fit anymore, either :(

    - Karine

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Karine, the pants that don't fit you are probably from when you were four

    Toban M, the evolutionary process if you are a Darwin lover is the beginning... a blob, not the end

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Karine! So you're still in school, you're 78 and now you've let yourself go? My oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm still in school, i'm 78, i've let myself go, ANNNNNNNND i wear pants made for 4 year olds.

    what has my life come to!

    - Karine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see you next then!!!

    ReplyDelete