My Blog List

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bombay Adventure - marginal notes


I couldn't resist adding a few notes that occurred since our departure.

Flight from Toronto to Frankfurt one lady got up out of her seat, tried to proceed down the aisle, she looked very pale and before you know it, she was gone, disappeared, fainted into the aisle. She got up, tried again, then went down for the second time, all along mind you everyone is trying to get the attention of the flight attendants. Third time, she went down, head flight attendant had her head on his lap, and left her there for a period and then escorted her back to her seat. End of that incident.

The flight from Frankfurt to Mumbai upgraded to First Class. Not familiar with this class of flying cause I'm just an ordinary type, did not know how to manipulate the glorious chairs. The chairs have a remote control on the arm rest which puts the chair in various positions. You can sit in the lying down position, I was not successful in moving my chair. Realized I was moving the person next me, pushing her remote instead of mine. She, was going up, down, sideways, any which way, where she eventually awoke. Once I mastered the lying down position, I got a little shut eye my neighbour on the other hand probably slept with one eye open. Before we landed, had to return my chair to the up right position, not able to lower the chair, I was towering over the rest of the passengers, unable to touch the ground, feet dangling. Sheepishly, I asked the passenger next to me how to lower my chair, she did it for me. End of incident.

Took rickshaw ride to a shopping district. Mumbai is in monsoon season. This day, it rained, stopped, began, stopped and so on. The roads were wet, with puddles, not as you and I know a puddle, maybe a small lake would be more like it. Anyways, the rickshaws are open vehicles, they are open to all sorts of elements. This very day, some car, truck or something, drove by, sent tsunami waves my direction. These puddles are not clear, clean water either, they are thick, sludgy type consistency, God only knows what's in the water, and well my legs were covered. From what I could see attached to my legs, I poured my water bottle on, however, I didn't get it all. These are my legs. The other picture is me in a happy mood before we left in the rickshaw. End of incident.



Another rickshaw ride to meet doctor at 10:00 but didn't arrive until 11:30 because the rickshaw driver couldn't find the place. Son, provided the address on a written piece of paper. Driver stopped at various locations saying this is it? Son would say no. The driver would get out of the car and ask someone, showing address. After much frustration, we stopped again to ask for directions, but had to call the doctor on the phone and have the stranger ask for directions. Ended up getting out of the rickshaw, walked with the stranger, to our destination. Doctor told us that the address my son was providing was for her home not the clinic, then realized blame for arriving late shifted from rickshaw driver to son. End of incident.

Met with doctor, met surrogate with precious baby inside, she looked tired but happy, touched her tummy, she then left for ultrasound. Doctor says baby could arrive before Wednesday, lets hope, that's why we came a week early. Doctor said baby didn't have to stay in hospital, maybe 24 hours and then it will be released to us. She gave option of 2 hospitals, one hospital would take 10 days to have birth cert and another hospital would only take 3 days. After coffee with doctor left for bank to cash cheque issued by first hotel for deposit. Bank would not cash cheque as it was deemed for account deposit only, will have to wait until return to Canada. End of incident.

Left bank, took air-conditioned cab back to hotel, saw elephant walking down the street, didn't have time to snap a photo. Only in Bombay would you see an elephant casually walking among traffic mayhem. End of incident.

Until next time


Grannie in waiting (soon to be Grannie, here's hoping its soon)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you are having a great adventure. I especially enjoyed the story about moving the seat of the person next to you. Story was made even better when you later needed her help to get your chair fixed.

    It sounds like your adventure is about to get even more fantastic in the next little while. I'm so excited for you.

    Just know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the very best.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting times for you an T! I cannot wait to hear the arrival of your grandbaby!
    Very excited in Canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by from your son's blog. We are also originally from Canada and are here from Arizona with our almost 2 year old son and picking up our newborn twins (all born via surrogacy in India). So wonderful for you both to share in this amazing adventure together. Looks like you will be a Grannie any time now...Congratulations. Enjoy Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes exciting times for sure, we're having a grand time, a little overwhelming for me at first but hey, I think I'm fitting right in.

    Kimberly thanks for the best wishes.
    Thanks Kerrie and Mark.

    Rhonda and Gerry congrats to you on the birth of your twins. Where are you going to get baby passport pics done? We are at the VITS, where are you guys staying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh darn! The last 4 trips we stayed at the VITS, but chose The Lake Side Chalet Rennisance executive apts. For this trip, it's close to the delivering hospital Hiranandani. We get our passport pics done at the U.S consulate. I emailed Toban. Congrats Grannie. :)

    ReplyDelete