The following banter is an actual exchange of emails between 50+ males trying to arrange a boys weekend. Names were changed to protect the innocent (not so innocent), and some censoring was done. As you will soon see, not much discussion or decision on when the Boy's weekend will occur, they seem to get distracted and soon discuss competing in a bocci game, problems with their phone service providers, among other useless topics. They do talk about when they are not available. One particular person proposes the second week in October (not Thanksgiving), when in fact that is Thanksgiving. In the end, no firm plans. I thought women were bad, but this takes the cake and makes me realize men are not so smart.
You will have to read from the bottom up inorder to put the events in chronological order. Enjoy!
From: D.
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
Date: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 2:18 PM
That is indeed a lot of patience N. 5 Years, holy crow.
But I knew you could diagnose the problem because you are indeed the technical expert. J (Note: who is or what is this J?)
In the last 5 years I have had to call BELL 8 (no word of a lie) times for the same problem, squirrels chewing the wires at the pole.
You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that’s what happened. Check the box going into the house and see there is no external signal, ergo the problem is outside and not inside. Go the pole, see the chards of protective wire coating covering the ground around the pole, then look up and see the exposed wires on the pole.
At least with Rogers you didn’t have to deal with “Emily”, the automated voice activated BELL Biatch that is supposed to assist you with your problem. Just for laughs you should give it a call sometime. It’s hilarious talking to that thing. Throw in the odd swear word and it gets even funnier,
And of course when “Emily” can’t figure out what the heck you want you get re-directed to the BELL call centre located in Mumbai, India. Even more of a hoot dealing with those folks. Try describing a squirrel chewed the wires at your pole to them . Toooooooo funny.
Glad to hear you are up and all good now bud though. You da man !!!!!!
From: B.
Sent: July-15-11 4:36 PM
To: N.
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
Your patience in dealing with Rogers is amazing! That's enough to drive anyone to drink!
B.
On Jul 15, 2011, at 3:37 PM, N. wrote:
Why thankyou D. ...I am the expert...the solution is
Call Rogers and make an appointment
-get really mad cause they don't come
-have them come 3 weeks later and redo all your inside stuff for the 4th time
-still have problems- make another appointment
-tell rogers to climb the darn pole and check the darn wires
Solution....oh yes Sir it seems squirrels have been eating your wire for years I'll put a new wire to the house.
O my gosh stuff is now working....it only took 5 years of calling the bad people at Rogers
--- On Fri, 7/15/11, D. wrote:
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B.
N. is the computer expert amongst us A.
We'll await his technical analysis of the problem.
I KILL ME....WHERE DO I COME UP WITH THESE !!!!!!!!!!!
-----Original Message-----
From: A.
Sent: July-15-11 2:25 PM
To: D.
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
I'm blaming it on Hotmail - if it was sent, what the hell is it doing in my
Drafts folder. Damn computer geeks!
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.
-----Original Message-----
From: D.
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:04:26
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
I have a copy of this Email from last week A. in my Septemberfest File so
you did actually send it.
Getting old sucks doesn't it !!!! J (who is J????)
From: A.
Sent: July-15-11 11:19 AM
To:
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
Thought I had sent this last week, but just found it in my Drafts file .....
I wondered how long it was going to be before we heard from you, B. I
like the badminton idea, but I'll concede any kind of track & field
competition (I hate that stuff). I'm not much of an ultimate fighting fan,
but it might be fun to watch you and N. square off.
I'm looking forward to the intensity of the bocce tournament already. Well,
at least until the beer takes effect.
A.
From:B
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 18:21:36 -0400
That comment from A. that he and P. have been searching for competition
since 1994 really gets me mad. Do you want me to put up a badminton net?
Do you really want to see a track and field competition? Do you want to do
an ultimate fight competition? You two know golf and ball hockey, oh yeah,
and curling. You two are going to get the poop-kicking that you deserve in
bocci and whether I am paired with M., N. or D. does not matter. Yous
going down.
B.
PS
All the best to N. and D. with their moms.
Sent from my iPad
On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:59 PM, "D" wrote:
This year pal N. the 55 pack and pretend we did !!!! J (Note: not sure who J. is)
From: A. Sent: July-08-11 3:08 PM
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
No - not directed at you, D. P. and I have been searching for
competition since 1994.
From: D.
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 13:35:59 -0400
OUCH !!!!!
I feel that remark was directed squarely at me given my abysmal performance playing with N. last year.
In a pitiful attempt to defend myself I would simply like to point out that last September was the first time I played bocci ball since 1994 when we held Septemberfest here at my place and it took me two years to make up with my neighbours after our, uhh, escapades.
But I've been practicing and am looking forward to this year's challenge.
N, I will do you proud this year. Well, actually, probably not at bocci ball but with the 55 pack of Coors light I'll bring courtesy the "King Of Beers" in Alymer !!!!! J. (Note: not sure who J. is)
From: A.
Sent: July-05-11 5:12 PM
To: P.; D.
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B.
You should have been able to figure it out, P.. I like competition - and,
well .... let's just say that I sometimes find that at the curling club.
A.
----------------
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 16:07:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
From: P.
You are right D., curling vs bocci. How can someone even consider this
option. It gets easier to figure out though when you consider this is from a
guy who runs around Perth in a kilt!!!
P.
On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 2:09 PM, D. wrote:
CURLING !!!!!!!!????????
PULEEEEESEEEE !!!!!!
You would pass up the World Cup of Boccii ball for Curling ?
Actually A., good point you have. I'd also pass it up in favour of
curling.... or a root canal.
Anything in October is perfectly good with me. I have absolutely no social
life so my OUTLOOK calendar automatically closes itself whenever I try to
open it and enter an appointment.
It just responds with the message "Who are you kidding that you actually
need to record something in here"?
From: A. Sent: July-04-11 10:20 PM
Subject: RE: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
OK dudes, I think it's time we started using the actual dates for these
weekends, because I've been staring at my calendar for at least 5 seconds
and the 2nd weekend in October is Thanksgiving. So I'm going to assume that
B. is proposing the weekend of October 15th. This should be OK, but it's
getting dangerously close to curling season and our Opening Bonspiel. I'll
say I'm good with it for now.
A.
From:P. Sent: July 4, 2011 7:53 PM
To: B.
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
2nd weekend of Oct works for me. As does the 2nd week!!!!!
P.
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM, B. wrote:
Der,
Well, the thing is, don't ya know, I have a new email address and could not
or did not know HOW to transfer your address over to this machine. THAT's
because I knew what comes around goes around and it did not matter thanks to
"reply all".
As for the DATE, I think that we are into October. I like October because
with HALLOWEEN I have an excuse to really scare you. Exactly which date
does not matter as M. will stay over with her parents. I propose the
second weekend of October, not Thanksgiving.
B.
Sent from my iPad
On Jul 4, 2011, at 3:57 PM, D wrote:
I hear ya bud !!!!!!
Life is grand !!!!!!!
From: P. Sent: July-04-11 2:56 PM
To: D.
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
WELL EXCUSE ME MR D. You know me, i always think of those that are not
so fortunate!!!!
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM, D. wrote:
Thanks for forwarding this M.
NOW SAVE MY FREAKIN' EMAIL W...DOUGHNUT...I FEEL LEFT OUT !!!!!!! J
P. kills me. "Due to holidays". You're retired now you goof, EVERY DAY is
a holiday !!!!!!!
Only time that would not work for me is the last week in September as C.
is going to Italy then so I have to look after dogs, cats, birds and horse
that week.
Otherwise, I'm good for anytime.
Thanks for the invite B. Appreciate it.
From: P. Sent: July-04-11 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend at Casa B
Aug is a no go for me and probably others due to holidays etc, so i guess we
will be looking at Oct. I have no problems with that month
P.
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:30 AM, M. wrote:
Hey D.: I meant to copy you on this.
BTW. I just realized I have to drive my sons car down to Toronto so I will be
away the last weekend in August as well as Sept. 3 - 25.
M.
Sent: July 1, 2011 8:30 AM "B" wrote:
Subject: Re: Dates for Boys weekend
Hi Men,
I would include D. on this email but I don't have his address on this
machine. Perhaps one of you could forward this to him. The last weekend of
August, Saturday the 27th will work for me. To discuss...
B.
On Jun 30, 2011, at 8:51 AM, "M." wrote:
As mentioned yesterday, I am heading off to Scotland and Ireland in
September (Sept 3 - 25). I am free for a boys weekend any of the last three
weekends in August, Aug 13 - 14. Aug. 20 - 21, or Aug 27 - 28.


No comments:
Post a Comment