My Blog List

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just the beginning

Hi there

Here we are March 17th, St. Patricks day. If you are 50+ what are you doing this day of celebration? Out, in a bar enjoying green beer? Or at home nursing your sore big toe, aching back, or just plain tired from the time change. I would be doing not the bar scene, but at home doing what ails when we are 50+.

Welcome to 50+! Looking forward to talking to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Ailing? Yeah right, with legs like those you can run a marathon. rrreooow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorna, finally was able to take a look at your blog. Well done!! Speaking as someone who has exercised regularly since my thirties, I find that the last couple of years it is difficult to have the energy to combine exercise with a demanding job. I tell myself; "Out of all the things you will do today, exercise is the most important." However, sometimes even that doesn't work!

    This week I read the Times articles on the Science of Living Longer. The New England Centenarian Study of 850 people found non-biological factors are: not smoking, being extroverted and easygoing and staying lean. Keeping mentally active and regular exercise were mentioned later in the articles. So keep taking those stairs Lorna!! Here's another quote; "Only about 30% of aging for most people is genetically based, which means that the other variables are in our hands".

    Now Lorna, in your expert opinion, have I written a comment or have I turned into a fellow 50+ blogger???
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, you have achieved both, written a comment and turned into a fellow 50+ blogger. Exercise is wonderful, sometimes a feat, but in the end we feel good. So being extroverted, strikes one against me, not too extroverted. In my opinion Extroverts annoy me. Easy going, well sometimes, but I'm very opinionated. Staying lean, now that's difficult. Thanks for the comments, it's fun to hear what others think who are 50+.

    ReplyDelete